The Accessible Campsite at CarFest is available to camping ticket holders who have been accepted to receive a permit (please read the 'how to apply' section below).
There are accessible toilets and accessible showers in the accessible campsite. There is also a dedicated member of staff located in this field, so please approach them if you have any access requirements or questions.
If you have any medication that needs to be kept cool, there is a fridge available in the welfare tent. We recommend you take your medication directly to the welfare tent when you arrive on site. This can be left there across the weekend at your own risk.
Please note that a maximum of 4 people (including yourself and your Personal Assistant) may camp in one pitch.
Due to limited space in the Accessible Campsite field, we need to be strict on how much space each group is allocated. Therefore, space will be allocated based on individual requirements by our Accessibility Campsite Manager.
All groups are asked to abide by this so that we can fit as many people in the campsite as possible.
Once you have booked space within the Accessible Campsite, we will be in contact to find out whether you will be bringing a tent or a caravan / campervan. If you plan to bring a caravan or campervan, you must be a blue disability badge holder and this must be displayed in the vehicle.
How to apply:
To apply for a permit for the Accessible Campsite, please send your Order Reference number and proof of disability* to email@example.com.
Please ensure you include your Surname, Postcode and Booking reference number (which you can find on your confirmation email).
*Customers requesting permits to the Accessible Campsite are required to provide an original copy of any of the following:
- Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of disability living allowance
- Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of mobility allowance
- Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of attendance allowance
- Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of severe disablement allowance
- Confirmation that you are in receipt of the standard or advance rate of personal independence payment (PIP)
- Certification of being registered blind or partially sighted
- A personal letter of support from your hospital specialist (dated within the last two months)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 13/07/20
Please note that spaces in the Accessible Campsite are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis and will fill at a fast rate. The application process will close as soon as the campsite reaches its maximum capacity thus we recommend that you do not delay in applying.