This year at CarFest, we are planning to achieve ‘zero landfill’ with our waste management system. We are implementing this by:
- Working with our waste management contractors to separate waste, recycling wherever possible by identifying suitable facilities and collection methods.
- Organic waste collection will take place in collaboration with our traders, whose waste will be taken to anaerobic digestion plants.
- Working with our traders and exhibitors to encourage the use of compostable take-away food containers, cups and cutlery rather than plastic products.
As well as planning for the implementation of further projects, we will also plan for the decommissioning of the project by:
- Increasing utilisation of durable materials which will not end up as waste after a single use.
- Utilising durable hire materials for construction where appropriate.
- Reusing and repurposing items and materials from the project in an imaginative and creative way wherever possible.
- Storing and reusing items over multiple events.