Maps, Tents + Camp Fires...
Camping At CarFest
The best way to enjoy CarFest is to see and hear it all! There are a range of options available. If you already have your own equipment you will be in the main campsite where there are water pipes, toilets and showers, plus catering outlets available when the festival site is closed, ie late nights and early mornings. If you want to camp you must hold camping tickets for everyone in your party.
'Camping Made Easy' will be supplied by Greenfields Camping and offers a very easy way to spend the weekend at CarFest. A tent is pre-pitched ready and waiting for you to arrive, plus you have the option to pre-order sleeping bags and pillows for added comfort. Prices start at £129. You must hold weekend + camping tickets BEFORE booking this option. View their website for more information and to book.
Boutique camping at CarFest will be provided by Yurtel - a delightfully luxurious way to spend the weekend with us. Their 'canvas rooms' are 5m canvas bell tents or Yurts and prices start at £850 for 2 adults and includes full breakfast every morning, carpet, duvets and cotton linen, lantern, flowers and more. You can add kids too either in your tent or they can have their own 'mini tents'. You must hold camping tickets BEFORE booking with Yurtel. View their website for more information and to book.
The weekend camping tickets permit you to camp on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights. You can arrive to pitch your tent from 7am* on Friday or Saturday - the festival site opens at 12pm* and 10am* respectively.
If leaving on Monday we would ask you to leave by 11am* (unless you wish to help with the clear-up!).
Quieter camping is available and is situated approximately 750m (just under ½ mile) away from the middle of the festival site.
Campervans, caravans and trailer tents are welcome at CarFest but sites are limited in number. If you do not hold a caravan/campervan permit please DO NOT bring such a vehicle to CarFest expecting to sleep in it. You will not be permitted on site and sleeping in the car park is not permitted.
The pitches are 9m x 7m which for most vehicles allows enough room for an awning or a small 2 person tent in addition to your vehicle. Please also note that cars will not be permitted to be parked next to your caravan or trailer tent, they will be parked in the car park.
Disabled camping areas and assciated facilities are available. Please see FAQs for more info.
* all times are subject to change. Final times will be emailed to you and will be updated on this page.
For the ultimate festival experience this summer you can pre-order a When Nature Calls wristband for access to luxury flushing loos. They are cleaned after every use by uniformed staff, have warm water hand washing facilities and mirrors. They are open from 7am until 1am and are located by the main entrance and accessible from both the main campsite and the festival site. Full weekend use costs £25 for adults (over 14 years) and £12.50 for children (6 - 14) and single day use costs £12 for adults and £6 for children. Please note that there is also a £2 charge per booking (NOT per wristband). 10% of all revenue (less VAT) goes directly to BBC Children in Need. Please note that for Boutique campers and Greenfields campers, the loos will only be accessible when the festival site is open (ie Fri 12pm - 10.30pm, Sat 10am - 11pm, Sun 10am - 10.30pm). View the website for more information and to book.
Simple Luxury in Blackwood Forest provided by Forest Holidays - if you’re looking to escape from it all at the end of the day, Forest Holidays has a brand new luxury cabin site hidden deep in Blackwood Forest, fewer than 4 miles away from CarFest South. Whether you’re attending the festival as a family, a couple or a group of friends, you can soak up the serenity of the forest around you from the comfort of your sumptuous cabin, most of which have private hot tubs! View their website for more information and to book.
Directions to CarFest
Getting to CarFest by Car
CarFest South at Laverstoke Park Farm is easy to get to, positioned just off the A303. However the lanes around the site are narrow and there will be temporary one way systems in place over the weekend of CarFest. Driving directions will be emailed to ticket holders and will be posted here to help you get to CarFest via the best route and to keep the roads flowing smoothly.
Getting to CarFest by Train
The nearest station is Overton which is 3 miles away. Trains operate directly from London Waterloo, with trains every hour on a Saturday, and the journey takes 56 minutes.
Basingstoke and Andover are both 14 miles away and are both served by trains directly from London Waterloo. There are approximately 5 trains an hour to Basingstoke, with the journey taking around 45 minutes, and 2 trains an hour to Andover with the journey taking just over 1 hour.
See www.nationalrail.co.uk for more information
If you are coming by train we would suggest that you book a taxi in advance to take you from your station to the CarFest site.
- Cars cannot be parked alongside tents and will be parked in the designated car parks
- Open fires and BBQs are not permitted
- No glass onsite (including alcohol bottles)
- No fireworks
- Generators are not permitted
- Owners of Caravans and Campervans should bring sufficient gas bottles in the fitted cylinders on the vehicle only. No spare bottles should be brought on site.
- Campers wishing to bring stoves should bring only purpose built gas stoves with small gas bottles (2.2kg). No spare bottles to be brought.
- There will be no vehicle movements on the campsite over the weekend
- No sound systems will be permitted on site
- We cannot save spaces for people, pitches will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- Sleeping in cars overnight is not permitted
- Only purpose built caravans, campervans and trailer tents will be permitted in the caravan area – modified trailers, estate cars, vans and any other vehicles not designed with in-built sleeping facilities will not be allowed access to the caravan area even if you have bought a caravan permit.
- Please be considerate when pitching your tent. There are no specific pitch sizes but if you arrange your tents in such a way to take up more than a reasonable amount of space for your group you will be asked to re pitch or take some of your tents down
- In the event of needing assistance, medical or otherwise, please contact any steward or member of campsite staff who can radio for assistance.
- Campers will be issued with special wristbands, please ensure your party wear them at all times.
- Strictly no fire/Chinese lanterns on site.
- No water source should be deemed drinking water unless specifically labelled as such.
- Only alcohol for personal consumption should be brought on site.
- Please ensure your party know the location of all the facilities, including first aid and how to gain help in the event of an emergency
- Please remain vigilant to fire safety in order to help keep yourselves and other festival go-ers safe.
- No dogs, with the exception of guide dogs, are allowed in the campsite or the festival site. Dogs must not be left in cars at any time.